Monday, February 23, 2009

Unteen

In this age of post-punk techno crap, it’s good to know that there are still a few bands like Unteen around who play old style punk rock, in this case with the emphasis on the rock. The band is a Springfield based four-piece including former members of Walking Octopus and Brine. They’ve released a CD (available at their very cool website, which also has free mp3 downloads, flyers, and some very well done comics by and about the band), and play fairly regularly around the Springfield area. They also have a MySpace page, and you can see some additional photos here. I haven’t had a chance to see these guys play yet, but given the quality of what I’ve heard, I intend to the next time I’m in town.

1 comment:

scottsblog said...

It happens to be 1239AM on a weeknight while I am listening to and rather enjoying the sounds of this band called 'Unteen' currently. Perhaps maybe other people are also taking delight in this rare opportunity to discover and delight themselves in such melodious music. I can only hope that maybe a chatroom forum will somehow present itself and one day thrust the creative spirit behind Unteen into the media circus spotlight. In the meantime I'll just go on jamming along in solidarity to the dope-ass, raw sound this uber-talented band has to offer ;-)