Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gabe’s Most Wanted

I’ve done a pretty good job of saving all of the old tapes, records, and CD’s released by Ozark punk bands back in the day. However, there are a few holes in my collection. If you possess any of the recordings listed below, please contact me at the e-mail address listed on the right and I will be eternally grateful.

The Rising Sun-Definitely at the top of my want list. The Rising Sun was an anti-racist skinhead band active in Springfield, Mo in the late 80’s. I know they released at least one demo tape, which was quite good as I remember it.

Force Fed Patriots-FFP was a Springfield band that was around for a couple of years in the early 90’s. They released a demo tape which I seem to have lost somewhere along the line.

Queen City Punks-OK, we’re getting really obscure here. These guys played out around Springfield in the early 70’s with other local acts like Granny’s Bathwater and the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. They were supposed to have sounded kind of like the New York Dolls. I have no idea if they ever recorded anything. (BTW, did you know the New York Dolls played a gig in downtown Springfield in 1973? The opening acts were the Queen City Punks and…Lynyrd Skynyrd!?)

Skullduggery-I’m not completely sure this band even existed. Supposedly they were a punk act comprised of SMSU students and played out in the mid 80’s. They may have released an LP.

Many thanks to anyone who can help!

7 comments:

Mike said...

FFP played in Springfield in the mid-'80s.

Mike said...

Dave Dershmer (sorry, Dave, if that's misspelled -- it's been a LFT) was the frontman for FFP and later iterations. He was very involved in the punk scene in Springfield beginning at least 1985 and knows a lot of the local history. He also has one of the most memorable upper bicep tattoos I ever saw. Very punk rock.

Loco Laurie said...

Harold has a copy of that Rising Sun Demo cassette.

Check this out:

http://www.morawk.com/board/comments.php?DiscussionID=3206&page=1#Item_5


A small walk down memory lane.

Gabe said...

Thanks for the link. I'd like to get a copy of that tape.

MAXZEN said...

I saw these guys once in Jeff Leadher's basement they used to play with two other bands anorexic sacrifice and Jeff's band The Pugs

crazyjoe86 said...

not only did Skull Duggary exist, they went on to become Anorexic Sacrifice....and did 2 separate recordings...I have the 1st one somewhere.....

Wayne Murrill said...

I have both the Anorexic Sacrifice and Skullduggery recordings. If you haven't found them yet you can email me, wayne@truenorthtattoo.ca, I'll set you up.